Friday, September 14, 2007

Dirty Looks - It's Not the Way You Rock

Duration: 04:49 minutes
Upload Time: 07-08-30 00:01:11
User: wwwHeavyMetalcom
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

It's not the way you rock It's not the way you rock It's the way that you roll We're still pretending Move on the time is right and Heaven's here You have to see why Now you hear when I say It's not the way you rock It's the way that you roll It's not the way you rock It's not the way you roll and roll You can believe me Yes, time and time again he looks to you You like to like them Now you hear what I say It's not the way you rock It's the way that you roll It's not the way you rock It's not the way you roll and roll I told you so, but you don't understand Don't let it go, don't let it go Let it go You're going down a one way street Well you know what I mean Yes, you know what I mean Tell me what'cha gonna do Roll me over You say you can't get in Understand why it's raining in your face It's not the way you rock It's the way that you roll It's not the way you rock It's not the way you roll and roll _______________________________________ Dirty Looks - Cool from the Wire (Atlantic) 1988 1. "Cool From the Wire" (3:34) 2. "It's No the Way You Rock" (3:49) 3. "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" (3:22) 4. "Oh Ruby" (4:07) 5. "Tokyo" (3:06) 6. "Wastin' My Time" (3:32) 7. "Put A Spell On You" (3:49) 8. "No Brains Child" (3:53) 9. "Get It Right" (4:17) 10."It's A Bitch" (4:26) 11."Get Off" (3:26) These guys ruled the scene in New York. One of my roommates was from Pennsylvania (where Dirty Looks originated) and already had a few independent releases from Dirty Looks. He hooked all of us up with copies of an awesome commercial metal album by Dirty Looks called "In Your Face." (I have yet to find another copy of that tape.) Fortunately some of the best songs from that album are on Dirty Looks first major label debut. "Cool from the Wire" has a big fat production thanks to knob turner Max Norman. (who also produced the fabulous "Countdown to Extinction" by Megadeth.) "Oh Ruby" was the single from the album and had a very cool Bon Scott era AC/DC vibe. Actually every song on this disc has a big hook. Why these guys never reached the level of some of the hair bands of the late 80ís I will never know. They had it all; the looks, the hooks, the label backing, the right producer and far more talent than bands like Poison or Warrant that sold millions. Go figure!

No comments: